Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Yarn Along with another baby hat and an apron


Knitting:
Still plugging away on the Forever Baby Blanket - this is going to be a familiar statement for weeks to come I'm sure!  Our time at home has been very precious and very little these past few weeks. Concerts, a wedding, and new (unexpected) car purchase has kept me from my needles.  I'm glad the calendar is slowing down a bit now.  In order to keep myself from going nuts over the blanket,  I needed a project that I could finish quickly .  I had started the preemie hat; although cute, I struggled with the lighter weight yarn and small needles and didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped so I rewound the yarn and decided I'd revisit it another time.  So, I picked up my favorite yarn, Cascade 220 Super Wash in Ivory,  and cast on the Tegan Baby Hat.  It didn't come out exactly right as I struggled with the instructions for the top. I knew I wasn't understanding the instructions at the end, but everything was perfect to that point, so I just winged it and came up with what you see here. Still cute, just not exact.


Sewing:
I embarked on a very different project (not yarn along material, but I'm really proud of it and wanted to share).  Years ago when Erika joined our family, I didn't know what to give her for Christmas, so I made an apron for her. Over the years it has delighted me to see that she has used that apron and that it is well loved.  I thought it would be fitting to make a new apron with a little more room in it for her two occupants.  I was very happy with the finished product.  I gave it to her last weekend when we visted them.  She put the apron right to work and made delicious chili and cornbread for us to enjoy while we watched the Patriots.  I've never seen anyone as happy as these two. Waiting 5 years for their miracles would make anyone smile.  They deserve it!  Fingers crossed the babies will cooperate next Monday so I can have a gender reveal on next week's Yarn Along!


Reading:
I've been reading God at the Kitchen Sink.  I'm so very much enjoying having something like this to open up and read while enjoying my first morning coffee.  Warmth from the coffe to soothe my soul and simple words of faith to lift my spirits.  What a great way to start every day.  (Am I the only one that "wiped" at the cover when they first picked it up because it looked dirty?  lol)


Happy Wednesday! ~ ~ Joining Ginny





7 comments:

  1. Sweet little hat and a beautiful apron, loved the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the fabric too. I may have enough leftover for a half apron for myself :)

      Delete
  2. The hat is adorable. The apron is so pretty! I love that picture - they both look so happy <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Donna! I really hope winging it works because I'm about to cast on another one :-) and yes their happiness is constant and contagious!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad that you posted that hat! I've been imagining a newborn hat with a knot on the top for our soon too arrive wee one, and wanting to knit one, but thinking it might look funny. (usually the hats with knotted tops aren't knit, but jersey/t-shirt fabric.) Now that I have a visual I have no hesitations making one! It's adorable, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comments (love your blog!) I can't remember where I stumbled upon the pattern originally, but it's on Ravelry. I'm sure you won't have any trouble with the top like I did!

      Delete
  4. That hat is really cute - I am looking at patterns for babies, this one should be on my list.

    ReplyDelete