Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Yarn Along washcloths at work and a wedding

This past weekend my two daughters and I attended a wedding of my oldest daughter's very first friend she made when she changed high schools as a sophomore, 10 years ago.

The wedding was held at the absolutely beautiful St. Augustine Catholic Church in Augusta, Maine. I'm not Catholic, I'm Episcopalian which is quite close, so I just love the opportunity to attend a catholic service, especially a wedding. I snapped this photo as we were waiting to exit our pew.


Here we are - "the must have selfie" at the reception. My oldest, Bree (center), is married to the most wonderful man, Matthew.  They live in Augusta as well so I get to see her often.  Michaela is almost 17 and quite independent.  So to have the opportunity to spend a Saturday celebrating with these two made my weekend (as evidenced by the smile on my face).  We had a great time.



Okay, now down to business!

Knitting:  Washcloths galore!  I'm knitting at work (at lunch), in the car, at home, morning and evening.  They are coming along nicely.  I even have two volunteers to help me! Two of my co-workers offered to help, and now I think I've given them the knitting bug.  How blessed am I to have such wonderful friends and co-workers.

I placed a large order from Knit Picks. It's their comfy sport yarn.  It's is so delightful to work with.   Softness that I didn't expect.  It really does make for a special washcloth, more for skin than pots and pans.  Because it's so nice and soft it makes me want to knit all these little buggers and I have yet to get bored!




Not spending a lot of time reading these days a page or two at night, but since the forecast is looking promising for accumulating snow this Sunday, I hope to spend it with yarn, book, tea and of course...football and family.

Happy Wednesday everyone! Joining Ginny




4 comments:

  1. Your photo with the computer, mug and knitting is a familiar sight for me... I'm always enjoying some coffee, pretending to do school work, and knitting at the same time!

    Sounds like you had a fun time at the wedding too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get paid to sit at my desk and knit all day! I do try to sneak it in on a break here and there. :)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful package from knitpicks! Love their yarn as well. That pink is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the colors too and it's my first project using yarn from knit picks, and I'm hooked!

      Delete