Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Yarn Along with Minimal Progress?

Rectangulum is coming along slowly.  All the button hole rows are complete and now it's just rhythmic knitting.  Finding the time has been the challenge this week as we had a weekend full of golf and grand babies; always fun but not conducive to long periods of knitting. (Below is Willa with her Grampy and Anna enjoying a brownie in the corner of the kitchen on a Sunday afternoon)




But in looking at the photos I'm posting here and knowing how much time I actually spent on it, it's really more than I initially gave myself credit for and the best news is I've adjusted to working with the fingering weight yarn and I'm starting to like it.



I'm hoping for more knitting time as daylight gets shorter.  I'm ready for a slower pace.  Maybe in a few weeks?  One can hope.



Reading:

I finished Me Before You and it ended just as I thought it would.  I had avoided the movie trailer until I was done reading.  The movie looks wonderful - although I never enjoy the movie as much as the book, but may this one will be different.

Currently reading Jerusalem Maiden - A Novel  I just started it and like it so far.  My reading preference has always been historical fiction and I have always had a fascination with Orthodox Judaism, so I'm looking forward to continuing on.

Uninvited is my soul enriching read.  I'm enjoying it with my morning coffee, finding myself rising earlier than usual to have time to read a bit before heading out the door....maybe these early mornings are why I get so sleepy while knitting at night?

C'est la vie!

Still drawing much inspiration from all of you and can't wait to see what you're working on.

Happy Yarn Along Wednesday!










No comments:

Post a Comment