Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Yarn Along

My very first Yarn Along with Ginny blog post!  This is a blog I started last year so I could start participating in Yarn Along.   It's my hope to blog more this year. I'll call it a mid-year resolution and see if I can actually make it happen.


Knitting is something I learned (just the basics) many years ago, but with kids to raise and a full-time job,  I never felt I had the time to invest in more than a dishcloth or scarf once in a great while.  Now there are twin grandchildren on the way (due in the middle of the upcoming Maine winter),  and viewing Yarn Along for a few years now, I'm inspired and determined to make my grandchildren something from my hands.

I'm knitting the Forever Baby Blanket using Cherub Aran by Cascade Yarns in a baby blue color (no we don't know what gender the twins are yet) but this blue is so pretty, I had to have it.  I love the feel of it, it is so soft and the pattern knits up into a very squishy feeling texture.  As I knit, I dream of one of the bundles of joy wrapped in it or perhaps he/she will carry it around everywhere they go - like both my girls did with their favorite blankets (that sadly were not handmade).

As you can see the progress is slow. But prayers for the babies, feelings of determination  and certainly the inspiration I find every Wednesday from all of you on Yarn Along keep me going.  I'm hoping participating weekly
will also help keep my progress steady.


Reading:
I'm reading An Echo In The Bone by Diana Gabaldon.  I've been reading her series for years, and now watching the Outlander series on Starz (based on this series of books).  I love it but I think I'm ready to move onto something new...reading wise; the show is just starting and I'm completely hooked.









I had planned to have nicer pictures this morning, but as you can see, our sweet 11 year old "kitten" Roxanne was a little curious and way too cute to concentrate on a really good photo.  She's quite the hunter - for an indoor cat :-)


Your comments and encouragement would be so very welcome.  I just love Wednesdays!  Thank you for including me!








2 comments:

  1. Ah those kittens - they love yarn! Congrats on the upcoming arrivals. How exciting! I am eager to see what you make over the next few months and seeing it on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the comments and support Donna. I always look forward to seeing what you have on your needles.

    ReplyDelete